We change and flush transmission fluid in all makes and models between 70,000 – 100,000.
You may be having issues with your transmission if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Transmission is slipping between gears while driving or popping back to neutral
- Unusual grinding/clunking/humming noises – especially when in neutral
- Fluid smells like it is burned
- Clutch is dragging – clutch stays engaged and causes grinding noises when trying to shift
- Grinding or thumping when gear changes instead of smooth transitions
- Lag/delay between gear changes and/or higher than normal RPMs for a given speed or gear change
The transmission of a vehicle is where the transference of force occurs shifting energy in the gears using transmission fluid. Transmission fluid is essential to keep a vehicle running well and smoothly. Without it, the gears would not be able to shift which means that your car isn’t going anywhere and serious damage has probably been incurred upon the transmission itself. Keeping up with a proper maintenance routine is the best way to avoid major repair issues.
Issues such as slipping or hard shifts can at times be caused be fluid deterioration and can sometimes be repaired with a transmission flush. Other times internal components can be damaged.